Low Carb Cheese Crisps
It’s 100% true that cheese crisps aren’t an everyday food, but this is a much healthier alternative if you are craving chips than the Doritos aisle!
To wrap your head around, the keto lifestyle can be a crazy one – carbs are bad and fat is good. Wait, fat is good? Cheese is a simple solution when seeking a high-fat, low-carb diet (yes, you actually get to eat cheese!). When it comes time to dip though and enjoy simple chips, you’re out of luck.
Taking simple cheddar cheese slices, broiling for a few minutes and quartering them, you have cheese crisps that is 100% just cheese. In these savory bites all night this is a diet hack that will have you scooping up your favorites. We served ours with guacamole – another favorite fat source!
How to make healthy cheese crisps?
Cheese crisps are higher in fats and calories than some other snacking choices and for the lactose intolerant not recommended. In our house, we do keep moderate amounts of raw, high-fat dairy like cream, butter, and yogurt in the meal rotation. and aged cheeses. The key words here are “rotation” and “moderate”.
- 4 cheddar cheese slices, quartered
- A dip of choice, guacamole!
- Place your quartered cheese slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet, (they should be around 1 1/2 inches square) about an inch apart from each other.
- Broil until desired "crispiness" is achieved or on high for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and to remove excess oil blot with a paper towel.
- When cool enough to handle, serve warm immediately after removing from the baking sheet or let cool (store in fridge) for future chip needs!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Liked the recipes? Let me know in comments and also check out Keto Chipotle Bacon Wrapped Chicken