Alfredo Sauce: It is traditionally served over a flat, ribbon pasta also known as fettuccini pasta. Fettuccini is usually served with cream sauces such as Alfredo sauce.
This Alfredo Sauce is not only full of flavors but it is also very thick and creamy which is completely out of the world. If you make it properly at home then you will feel the same which you get in good quality restaurants. It has Italian seasonings and delicious garlic flavor as same as the chicken alfredo recipe which makes it even better. For that extra creamy flavor and texture, I like to add cream cheese to my alfredo sauce.
Alfredo sauce is made of just butter, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. This Alfredo sauce can be made by just a few ingredients which can be easily found in your near local stores. You’ll just melt the cream and butter together, remove from the heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until it’s creamy and thick. it’s very easy, right? well, let me give you the recipe below.
How to make Alfredo Sauce?
- Add some olive oil and butter to a medium skillet or saucepan and set over medium heat and let stand for 1 minute until the butter melts.
- Add the whipping cream, cream cheese, and your favorite seasoning.
- Bring it to boil and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce gets thicken.
- Add the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, Stir constantly, cook for 3 more minutes until the Alfredo sauce is thick, creamy, and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and serve
How to Make Low Carb/Keto Alfredo Sauce
To make your alfredo sauce lower in calories you can serve it over low-carb zucchini noodles.
If there is a change in the taste you can further customize your homemade alfredo sauce by adding some of your favorite spices and herbs. A little fresh lemon zest would also be a nice option. Even Basil, Italian parsley, or oregano would be great additions. You can add a few more minced garlic cloves If you like a lot of garlic in your dishes. Personally, I like to have garlic in my every meal.
For best results, I highly recommend using a good quality freshly grated Parmesan cheese or heavy cream. For a light version, you can try whole milk, but one thing you have to keep in mind that the sauce will be not thick as it will be the cream so, you have to compromise the taste here. If you want the sauce thicker with lighter ingredients you can also try adding some type of thickener.
What to Serve with Alfredo Sauce?
Pasta, as a pizza sauce instead of tomato, Italian Green Beans, Over grilled chicken, or even a little over steak, Mixed with shrimp and over pasta, rice, or cauliflower rice, in sandwiches, paninis, and subs, Over vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, or zucchini, Mixed with chicken meatballs.
How to Freeze Alfredo Sauce?
You can use plastic freezer bags but make sure that it’s fully airtight. Lay them flat and make sure there is no air remaining in there. So, now you can enjoy this recipe immediately, refrigerate, or freeze it.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In medium saucepan or skillet melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic in hot butter until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream. Bring to a gentle simmer, and simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Gradually whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Over low heat, Keep whisking until smooth.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the Sauce Lovers who are looking for Homemade Alfredo Sauce will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.