Lasagna: These are the wide, flat pasta, and one of the oldest types of pasta commonly refers to a dish made with several layers of lasagne sheets alternated with other ingredients and sauces such as cheese and meats.
It makes a great delicious homemade meal anytime. Just make it and you can also store it in the freezer for later use. So If you are making the lasagna recipe today then I always advise to make it in more servings so that you can make it tomorrow and it will save your time.
You can make this Lasagna recipe with Bolognese sauce. Basically, it is a meat-based sauce originating from Italy, Bologna. In Italian cuisine, it is usually used to prepare and dress the lasagne alla bolognese. It can also be used with flat pasta shapes, such as fettuccine or pappardelle. Genuine bolognese is a slowly cooked sauce, and its preparation requires several techniques, including sautéing, sweating and braising.
In this Lasagna, I’ve used a combination of sweet Italian style sausages and lean ground beef.
The sauce plays the major role here which builds the flavor with minced garlic and onion. So make sure to use the onions and garlic but don’t use a lot because it will totally mess up the lasagna and the end result will be too chunky.
How to Make Lasagna Recipe
- Heat up large oven/skillet and cook the ground beef over medium heat and break it up as it cooks.
Stir in the onion and cloves of garlic when meat is mostly cooked through. Continue to cook until meat is cooked.
- Drain the excess amount of fat and return to pan.
- Add the sauce, cheese, water to the skillet. Stir to submerge the ravioli in the pasta sauce.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until the pasta is tender for about 8 minutes.
- Stir together the Parmesan, 1/4 cup mozzarella, ricotta cheese, remaining parsley and clove of minced garlic.
- Remove from the heat and add spoonfuls amount of the ricotta mixture over the pasta. Spread to cover the pasta. And finally, Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Cover the skillet and let stand for 5 minutes until the mozzarella melts. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Don’t worry the main procedure to make Lasagna recipe is down below.
How to deal with Pasta Sheets when Making Lasagna?
Cook the Pasta Sheets as per the given instructions on the packet. If you want to prevent it from sticking add a tablespoon of olive oil to the water and stir them occasionally with a wooden spoon.
Or if you want to save the time you can simply boil some water and pour it over the sheets and let it soak for 20 to 25 minutes and it will be ready.
Now comes the most important part, transfer each cooked lasagna sheet carefully into a large strainer and drain, rinse with cool water and leave them in there until ready. This will prevent your pasta from drying out or sticking together.
Still Hungry! Check these recipes:
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Lasagna Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the food Lovers who are looking for Lasagna will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.