Green Bean Casserole: It is a casserole dish which consists of green beans, french fried onions, and cream of mushroom soup. The casserole is very popular as a side dish for Thanksgiving dinners in North America which is created by Campbell’s on 1955.
History of Green Bean Casserole
The main inspiration for the dish was to create an easy and quick recipe around two things most Americans always had on hand in the 1950s: Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup and green beans
This recipe can be completely made from scratch. It begins with homemade crispy ovens that are coated in a crumb mixture and seasoned flour and finally baked until crispy. The beans are cooked just until crispy, tender and lastly, the traditional mushroom soup is added. To keep them from clumping together it’s important to toss the onions continuously during their baking time which will prevent them from crisping up.
Green bean casserole is one of those classic Thanksgiving side dishes that everyone just loves and simply want more and more, and I hope you enjoy this fresh, Campbell’s green bean casserole!
This Green Bean Casserole can be made within 25 to 30 minutes. So, are you looking for this delicious American dish? If yes, then below I have given two variants of this dish that you and your full family will love.
How to Make Green Bean Casserole
- In a medium saucepan place chicken broth/soup and green beans. Add some water so that it just covers the green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 and then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add mushrooms, stirring occasionally, cook until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, mix together mushrooms, milk, 1/2 cup of the French-fried onions, cheddar, and soy sauce, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining onions.
- Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Still Hungry! Try these Recipes:
Best Green Bean Casserole
- 1 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 14.5 ounce cans green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 6 ounce can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl place green beans and soup. Mix well and heat in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes on HIGH until warm or you can boil it on simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese and heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer green bean mixture to a casserole/baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until the onions just begin to brown and the cheese melts.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the food Lovers who are looking for Green Bean Casserole will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.