Meatloaf Recipe: It is one of my family favorite comfort meal! This Meatloaf has that caramelized shiny glaze on the outside and Juicy flavourful and tender from the inside which makes this classic Meatloaf Recipe a perfect masterpiece for a comfort dinner. It is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner because it can be prepared in minutes. steamed greens, a dollop of ketchup and that’s it, you have yourself a delicious meatloaf recipe at home.
My whole family goes crazy over each slice! Back in my childhood days I always hate meatloaf but when I come across some food blogs then I thought why not give it a try. The first meatloaf that I make is not that good but yes, after making it 3 to 4 times I was master in it. Now if you are someone like me who don’t like this recipe, I request to give it a try because I know once you give it a try I guarantee you’ll love this recipe.
What is a Meatloaf?
It is a dish of ground meat formed into a loaf shape mixed with other ingredients and then baked or smoked. The shape is created by either forming it by hand on a flat pan or cooking it in a loaf pan. It is usually made from ground beef, although pork, veal, lamb, venison, poultry, and seafood are also used.
How to make Meatloaf?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl grate the onion. Add the milk and the breadcrumbs and stir it together.
- Add only 3/4 cup of the barbecue sauce to the meat mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Use your hands or a spoon to mix the entire meat mixture.
- To the prepared loaf pan add the meat mixture and shape it into a loaf.
- Over the top of the meatloaf, brush with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes. You can insert the thermometer and when it reaches 160 degrees F it’s cooked.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower.
What to Serve with Meatloaf?
I personally like to serve a thick slice of meatloaf with creamy mashed cauliflower or mashed potato because that makes this a low carb version recipe. Or simply serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy and your cold winter night will turn into a warm summer day.
Still Hungry! Try these recipes:
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the egg, onion, beef, milk, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased baking dish or simply place it into a loaf pan.
- Combine the mustard, brown sugar and ketchup in a separate bowl. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Serve it with a side of mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 25g
- Carbs: 20g
- Protein: 20g
So, Guys, I hope you enjoy this Easy Meatloaf Recipe which I make on weekly basis. All the meat Lovers who are looking for Meatloaf will enjoy this recipe. And if you like this recipe then Don’t forget to share it with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms. And do follow us on facebook, twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.