This Soup is so good there’s not much to say, only that its Hearty, delicious and full of flavor. Add less stock, peas and a few potatoes and you will make it like a magic – the most delicious Hungarian stew.
Easy Beef Goulash Recipe with Sour Cream and Dumplings
The homemade Goulash and dumplings or Goulash with sour cream are easy and quick to make and to this one-pot wonder, it really adds something special. Even though we’ve just passed the end of Summer, and close to winter, we will all need this kind of Hungarian Beef Goulash and Chive Dumplings to warm us.
Hungarian Goulash Dumplings Benefits
It all has to balance of a meal and do with the ingredients. Hungarian Beef Goulash is a perfect example. It starts with beef as the base. To keep you satisfied and your body going, Beef is the one with essential nutrients and a wonderful source of protein. Then onions join in the pot adding their own nutrients and vitamins. Loaded with lutein, Vitamin A, carotenoids, and zeaxanthin – Paprika is ground capsicum peppers, all good for your eyes.
Wine is good for the heart. A little of it along with garlic, beef broth, and tomato paste bring in more healthy goodness and flavorful. Now, want to know how to make sour cream dumplings.
Beef Goulash Recipes with Sour Cream and Dumplings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g gravy beef trimmed finely, sliced, seasoned with salt
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 20 g butter
- 2 brown onions thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 4 cups beef stock
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- sour cream to serve
- 50 g chopped butter
- 1 cup sifted self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- On medium, heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and with flour sprinkle beef. Brown in two batches, 3-4 minutes each. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, on medium, melt butter. Until golden and saute onions 4-5 minutes. Add paprika, capsicum, and seeds and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Return beef to pan with tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil. Simmer the heat and until beef is just tender cover it for 1 hour.
- Make Dumplings
- Over the top of goulash in a pot, arrange dumplings. For a further 15-20 minutes, Cover and simmer on low, until dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve dumplings and goulash with sour cream.
- In a bowl, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, rub butter into flour. Stir enough milk and chives to make a pliable dough. Roll into 30cm long sausage on a floured surface and cut into 12 even slices.
If you like this recipe then share this beef goulash recipe, sour cream dumplings, Hungarian dumplings, Hungarian dumplings recipe on Pinterest and Facebook and other social platforms.