In an oven-safe skillet, the Sage breakfast sausage can be cooked. Right in that same skillet, scrumptious sawmill gravy is built and then on top of your sausage gravy, cheesy biscuits are dropped. To bake the biscuits, just pop the skillet in the oven and it is ready to serve.
Delicious Sausage Gravy and Cheddar Biscuits
In this cozy and warm recipe, the skillet does all the work, combining sausage, Southern-style biscuits and milk together for a simple breakfast (or lunch). , this flavorful and rich breakfast Sausage Gravy and Cheddar Biscuits will be ready in just 45 minutes and on the table in no time!
Enjoy the Sausage Gravy and Cheddar Biscuits
And this old-fashioned combination tastes better than any gravy and biscuit combination you’d find at the cafe or neighborhood diner. Before getting topped with frozen biscuits, The creamy gravy and sausage mixture is prepared first in the pan, which is expertly arranged in a circle. Then, for 20 to 25 minutes the entire skillet is baked in the oven until the gravy is bubbly and the biscuits are golden browned. If you like this recipe then share this Coconut flour pancakes recipe on Pinterest and Facebook and other social platforms.
Skillet Sausage Gravy and Cheddar Biscuits Nutrition Facts
- Cal: 480
- F: 36g
- C: 21g
- P: 16g
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese, 4 oz
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup King Arthur all-purpose flour
- Firstly heat oven to 400°F. Stir together 1/2 cup milk and the Bisquick mix in medium bowl, stir until well mixed. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet or 10-inch cast-iron. Add sausage; cook 5 to 7 minutes, until no longer pink stirring frequently.
- Add flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 cups milk and boil for 1 minute. And remove from heat.
- In 8 large spoonfuls, drop biscuit dough onto hot sausage gravy.
- Until biscuits are golden brown, bake 14 to 16 minutes.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g