Keto Brie !!
“Brie & Apple Crepes” firstly you know the magic that is cheese and fruit. There’s something about the combination of sweet, fresh and smooth plus juicy, creamy and dense.
In a restaurant whenever we spot a cheese board, as keto-ers, we think to test it out, it’s our duty. We’ve noticed our favorite cheese boards, always include some type of fruit. Usually, it’s apples, grapes, or apricots. The most fibrous of the bunch and least sweet turns out to be apples. On a ketogenic diet, apples are not exactly an all you can eat, but in moderation we allow them.
For this Brie & Apple Crepes recipe, we used 1 small gala apple. This recipe feeds split among the 4 people, only adds about 3.5 carbs and 37 grams of total fat in each serving.
This recipe ‘Brie & Apple Crepes’ is great on its own, with a fork and knife it can be simply eaten. Into delicious little cigars, you can also roll each crepe and pack them away for lunch later. Until you’re ready to dig in keep them chilled in a fridge.
How To Make Brie & Apple Crepes recipe !!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz. chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- 1 small gala apple (or any sweet apple)
- 4 oz. brie cheese (room temperature)
- In a Nutribullet or blender begin by combining the batter ingredients and blending until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan heat up a small amount of unsalted butter on medium heat.
- Into the pan ladle some of the crepe batter and swirl the contents so that the batter is thin and spread out evenly. Until the top looks dry cook it (about 2-3 minutes), with a large spatula gently flip and cook the other side for a few seconds.
- Until you have about 12 crepes repeat this step. Layer them while you prep the toppings/fillings and top of each other on a plate.
- In a small pan melt a tablespoon of butter and toast (but not too browned) the chopped pecans until fragrant. Sprinkle it with cinnamon. Then, to cool transfer them to a plate.
- Slice brie cheese, and apple as well.
- Arrange brie and the apple slices on 1 crepe and with some of the toasted pecans top it. Until all the toppings have been used, repeat for all the crepes.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy with a knife or fork or rolled up!