In Valentine’s Day (maybe in the chocolate day) we love some chocolate pudding. My logic was simple: rich desserts and decadent meals are dreamy things but, in my mind, not inherently romantic. There come mounds fudge in my mind.
To make chocolate pudding or mounds fudge from scratch is such a simple thing and I never understood when homemade tastes so much better why so many people buy the store-bought stuff.
I guarantee you will never use a boxed recipe again, Once you try this mounds fudge recipe (no matter how quick it is to make). This mounds fudge is so creamy and rich, by the time you’re done, you’ll have the whole bowl licked clean!
Also Read: Keto Nutella Hazelnut Truffles
Instead of only using cocoa powder(like so many recipes do), the key to making this mounds fudge is the addition of melted dark chocolate. This makes it a dark, rich, and creamy dessert. It just melts in your mouth and is very smooth in texture.
How to make fudge?
This chocolate pudding recipe is no exception as very few people can resist a chocolate dessert. This creamy, rich pudding licked off a spoon, is a joy to experience.
Click here for nutrition
5 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 3/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend)
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz each)
- 2 tbsp butter flavored coconut oil
- 3 bars of 90% chocolate (10.5 oz total)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the sweetener, coconut milk, and coconut oil in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium until simmering.
- Reduce to low or medium-low and simmer for about 1 hour until reduced by half.
- Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- In a large glass bowl, put the chocolate. Pour the hot reduced coconut milk over the chocolate and whisk until smooth and melted. Stir in the salt and vanilla. Transfer to a glass dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours until thickened.