Keto/Low Carb Banana Pudding
Around my house, Low Carb Banana pudding is a big deal. I have a couple of family members that really LOVE it, Pretty much everyone likes it. I make Banana pudding other times when I get a chance or whenever my mom comes home on leave. I really love making things that my family appreciates and that what makes them happy.
If I make the stuff, one of two things is going to happen, either I am going to be grumpy or craving banana pudding. To the siren song of that creamy decadent mixture and I will be grumpy as I am going to cave and blow my carb allowance for the next decade.
Until now, before I just never did it, I do not know why I hadn’t thought of making a low carb banana pudding.
So, technically I could have tossed some heavy cream and the sugar-free banana pudding mix together but I wanted it to taste like MY banana pudding and called it a day, with pieces of vanilla cookie in it or at least as close as I could get. Rich, creamy goodness.
Want to Make This Delicious Banana Pudding Recipe?
Of course, the almond crumble works just fine but the cookie was out of the equation. You still get the vanilla cookie texture and creamy pudding. This is super rich. 4-ounces will likely to be enough for you at a time, I promise you that. You can make a batch, luckily it freezes beautifully and then, have it ready whenever you want.
Keto Banana Pudding
- 1/2 tsp banana extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or 1/4 cup almond milk to cut calories
- 3 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 large egg yolk
- Combine the heavy cream, In a double boiler, (or almond milk and heavy cream), powdered erythritol and egg yolk. Whisk constantly until the erythritol dissolves and mixture thickens.
- Until thickened, even more, add the xanthan gum and whisk. To the back of a spoon, the mixture should coat.
- Add a pinch of salt and the banana extract and stir well.
- Transfer to the serving dish after straining through a sieve. So that it touches the surface of the pudding, cover with plastic wrap.
- Enjoy after Refrigerating it for 4 hours.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
If you like this recipe comment down below and don’t forget to check out my previous recipe – Keto Mug Cake