This Keto White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha has always been my favorite Starbucks Christmas drink. The only problem is that they are loaded with sugar and there is no way to make them dairy free. I was craving this Keto-White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha, so I decided to make it without the dairy using coconut milk and raw cocoa butter. To warm you up on a cold winter’s day this is the perfect substitute – nutty, creamy and spiked with just a hint of peppermint, for the holiday season it is perfect.
Peppermint Mocha (White Chocolate)
Time and time again, we boast about how we save calories and time by making our own coffee at home. This time, by a care package we were inspired that was sent to our home containing one special, never seen before(at least by us) ingredient – free peppermint syrup – sugar!
Our Keto White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha comes in at only 1 net carb per serving (total grams of carbs minus fiber) and completely sugar-free. Through some tough winter days this year it kept us nice and warm. We hope for you it’ll do the same!
Also Read: Keto Breakfast Roll
Keto White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Tips:
- Feel free to use a few drops of peppermint extract if you don’t have Honest Syrup. when you add Honest Syrup you’ll lose a bit of sweetness, but after all, you’ll get that peppermint flavor.
- You should consider getting some if you don’t have cocoa butter! It makes great Keto White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha and quite versatile. On the off chance, you can use 1-2 tablespoons if you have some Torani White Chocolate syrup. Omit any erythritol if you’re using the Torani syrup.
- In place of the espresso, you can use a cup of brewed coffee, but you’ll need to omit a lot of liquid. Consider relying on the melted cocoa butter and skipping the almond milk entirely to give added creaminess alone.
Peppermint Mocha Nutrition Facts
- 320 Calories
- 34g of Fat
- 2g of Protein
- 1g of Net Carbs
5 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
8 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 6 oz. almond milk
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 oz. cocoa butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
- Few drops of peppermint extract ( or Honest Syrup Peppermint flavor )
- 1 scoop of your favorite cocoa brand
- In a small saucepan heat the almond milk until steamy.
- Add in the shot of powdered erythritol, espresso, cocoa butter wafers and vanilla extract. Take the saucepan off the heat and until the cocoa butter is fully melted keep stiring. If you don't have cocoa butter you can also use Torani White Chocolate syrup. In that case, since the syrup is already quite sweet, omit the powdered erythritol.
- Add 1 serving of your favorite sugar-free cocoa brand. And until fully incorporated whisk it.
- Pour into a serving glass or mug and top with Honest Syrup Peppermint and a drizzle of whipped cream. If you don't have Honest Syrup you can also use few drops of peppermint extract.