Low Carb Keto Egg Salad
The good egg salad! being brought to barbecues, I have so many bad memories of egg salads left out in the sun for hours and served out to everyone. That taste of the eggs starting to rot, to make one in a long time, it’s just an experiment with this keto egg salad.
It’s tangy, spicy, and goes great with meat. Seriously, mix it with some of this egg salad when next time you make ground beef, You can’t go wrong.
In fact, I mixed it with some of the low carb chilies I made, after I made the egg salad, and it was absolutely superb.
This easy keto egg salad is a healthy and quick low carb lunch with delicious flavor and plenty of protein!
Also Read: Mexican Meatza
I bet you agree with these answers If you’ve been Keto for a while, and have made avocados and eggs a very regular part of your diet.
How to make Egg Salad?
That’s why the keto egg salad recipe that I’m sharing combines BOTH for an awesome high-fat meal and low carb.
I’m sharing this egg salad recipe because people have been requesting packable, simple, and dairy free lunch options. In YEARS, I haven’t made egg salad but today I decided to make it for myself, and then I thought why not post it – it fits all of the criteria I just mentioned. In the next couple of weeks, I’ll be posting other really easy recipes as well.
Calories: 575, F:51g, C:7g, P:20g Fiber:5g
Low Carb Egg Salad
- 1 Avocado medium
- 6 Eggs
- 1/8 Tsp Dill optional
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- Splash of lemon juice to prevent avocado browning
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cover the eggs with water. Bring to a boil, turn the heat off, cover and for 10-15 minutes rest in hot water. (more or less based on preference)
- Run under cold water and peel shells
- Into small pieces, chop the eggs sprinkle with pepper and salt and set aside
- Mash avocado and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- In a medium bowl, eggs, mashed avocado, mix mayo, mustard, lemon juice and choice of herbs
- Chill and serve