Keto Egg Muffins – This protein packed keto breakfast egg muffins recipe just needs 5 minutes of prep and your go-to breakfast cum brunch on those busy mornings is ready for you.
This Low carb, keto-friendly keto egg muffins with heavy cream needs basic ingredients, can be made in many different ways are all baked into a muffin tin to get your breakfast done.
Can I Freeze These Keto Diet Egg Muffins?
Yes absolutely! Make them and let it completely cool. Transfer them into a zip-lock bag or an air-tight container and freeze for up to a month.
When ready to reheat, microwave them for 1-1 ½ minutes from frozen or 30-45 seconds from fresh. If you don’t want to freeze, then store into the fridge and they will last for about 5 days.
Ingredients Substitute and Additions
This recipe is very versatile, use it whatever you have handy.
- For cheese, you can add feta cheese or mozzarella.
- For the veggies part, use bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach, artichoke hearts or jalapeños.
- For the meat, use crumbled sausage or 1 cup of diced ham.
- If you don’t like parsley use cilantro instead. Use garlic and onion powder instead of dried mustard powder.
- Use red silicone muffin pans (No greasing required) to avoid greasing. If using regular tins, use muffin cup parchment paper. For mini muffin tins, check them at about 8 minutes, and bake until set.
- If you use a veggie like broccoli and want them a little softer then steam them slightly before adding to the muffin tins. More or less, if you finely chop them, they should cook with the eggs.
What To Serve With These Low Carb Egg Muffins?
I like to serve these keto egg muffins with bacon and cheese with salsa but you can pretty much serve with any sauce you like.
What’s the substitute for the heavy cream?
I highly recommend making these keto egg muffins with heavy cream because it adds that richness but instead to can use 1% or 2% milk or half and half.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Egg Muffins?
- 3.5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (or sausage)
- 12 eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder, dry (or garlic and onion powder)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (or 2% milk or half and half)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (or fresh coriander)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk cream, eggs, dry mustard, and pepper until well mixed.
- Divide the cheese, bacon, and onions evenly into muffin cups and sprinkle with fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Pour the egg mixture on the top. Transfer them to the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Serve immediately with salsa or eat it all alone.
2 muffins is one serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 209mgSodium 257mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 11g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.