Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl – This easy low carb egg roll in a bowl is a protein packed standalone one-pan dinner meal for your family that can be made in 15 minutes either with ground chicken, beef or pork.
Can I make this keto friendly egg roll in a bowl ahead of time?
Yes of course! This low carb egg roll is great for meal prep ready in just 15 minutes or so.
Save more time by separately shred the cabbage and brown the ground beef/pork and store them in separate containers. When ready to eat, stir fry them all together.
Can I freeze this?
Believe me, the frozen one is even more delicious. Store pack in an airtight container and freeze them. You are ready to eat thaw it overnight.
Is this keto egg roll in a bowl actually keto friendly?
Look, the traditional egg bowl we eat is loaded with carbs because we make them with flour wrapping and then deep/pan fry. But this recipe is little different, it’s a protein-packed meal with very fewer carbs and hence 100% keto approved.
Follow the variations/substitutes to make it keto:
- Use low carb tamari sauce or liquid aminos. (buying links are given below)
- Substitute with broccoli slaw instead for the shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix.
- I made this recipe with ground pork but you can use ground turkey/chicken or ground beef.
- You can even use shrimp in place of the ground pork.
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¼ cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 head cabbage medium, thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, powder (or use fresh)
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add the ground pork and brown them
- Now add sesame oil and onion, mix together and continue to browning the ground pork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix garlic, soy sauce, and ground ginger. Add the sauce to the pan once the onions are little browned.
- Now add the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Add chicken broth and mix well and continue to stir cook for more 3-4 minutes cooking over medium heat.
- Done! Transfer to a plate and garnish with red/green onion, salt and pepper or sriracha/hot sauce.
Serving size is about 1 cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 71mgSodium 725mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 23g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.