This low carb mini Mexican meatza recipe is delicious though It’s not the most attractive looking dish. It’s bigger and flatter than a burger, has no shell like a taco and no bread like a pizza. But somehow it’s a like all taco, burger, and pizza rolled into one. Only 5.6g net carbs! Mexican Meatza is super delicious.
Just a few weeks ago I made these and just got around to posting this but I’m going to pull out some taco mix and ground beef to make one for lunch. So this is definitely my kind of low carb dish as I love taco meat and all the fixings you put on it. So you can always use a taco mix instead of the spices if you like these, and are in a hurry.
How to make low carb Mexican Meatza?
If you want to use lean ground beef then use it in the way that you will have less grease to deal with and it won’t shrink up so much after you cook it. You mix the meat with some egg, onion, cauliflower rice, and all those lovely Mexican spices.
Check Nutrition Facts
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, such a Chihuahua or Cojita, shredded
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the pork, beef, and Chorizo together in a large bowl. Pat out into a rimmed baking sheet to a uniform thickness, or standard-size cookie sheet or another shallow, pushing it up the sides slightly to form a rim. Over the surface of the meat spread the enchilada sauce evenly.
- Rotating the pan once halfway through bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through. Carefully pour off any liquid and fat in the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the lettuce, tomato, cheese, and olives over the surface of the meatza. Cut into squares and serve with the salsa.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per ServingUnsaturated Fat 0g