Low Carb Chicken Casserole
To get that comfort food feeling, Low carb casseroles are a great way without derailing your low carb diet. This low carb chicken casserole is loaded with spicy flavors for a filling dinner and super flavorful.
Just because it was so basic, I almost didn’t post it but it’s essentially turned into a blueprint for people to personalize with their own spices and additions. Then one day my mom told me why don’t you share this keto chicken casserole that’s where all sort of inspiration comes to me.
When you think about the type of high-fat foods that are being included Keto and casseroles seem to go hand in hand. All of the cheeses you’re able to use create an awesome texture that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re a college student, a working mom, or you just want an easy meal.
From the chili seasoning, It’s got a great heat coming through, a good balance of sweetness and acidity from the tomatoes and plenty of cheese to boot.
Also Read: Low Carb Bacon and eggs and Keto deviled eggs
I love the easy, so I decided to make up an easy low carb chicken casserole and as always I had a lot of chicken (A gym person). All the Chicken casserole recipes I was looking to adopt included Tortilla or chips layers.
How to make a chicken casserole?
I did experiment with making a low carb tortilla, but in the bottom of the casserole dish, it didn’t do well. It turned all soggy-mush. However, with the topping part of this casserole, I was pleased, so I adjusted the recipe to just include that. The cauliflower just adds a layer of fluffy goodness. Hope you like it!
Check Chicken Casserole Nutrition facts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- 7 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons green pesto
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon, the juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix cream (or sour cream) with lemon juice and pesto. Pepper and salt to taste.
- Season the chicken thighs with pepper and salt, and until they turn a nice golden brown fry in butter.
- Into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, place the chicken, and pour in the cream mixture.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and leek. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Top chicken with tomatoes, leek, and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for at least 30 minutes in the middle of the oven or until the chicken is fully cooked. Cover it with a piece of aluminum foil If the casserole is at risk of burning before it's done, lower the heat and let cook for a bit longer.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g