Spinach Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers
Stuffed hamburgers have been around but in the past few years, it seems like they have been a bit of a trend. Just because other traditional topping ingredients and cheese are folded inside the burger called inside-out burgers— stuffed burgers offer some believe that the stuffing also helps keep the meat itself more juicy and moist and a surprising burst of flavor. So comes these spinach mozzarella stuffed burgers
The Jucy Lucy – Of course, the most notorious stuffed burger, a cheeseburger instead of on top that has the cheese inside the meat patty, resulting in a melted core of cheese within the patty.
What I really like about stuffed burgers is that you can turn an ordinary hamburger into something much more and not only the surprise factor.
In the middle of a patty, you can add basically anything. You can use more exotic foods such as jalapeno peppers, avocados, or greens such as spinach or kale for a healthier version or stuff it simply with some cheddar.
I just love these Spinach-Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers actually I have fallen in love with them. They were pretty fantastic as I made them a couple of weeks ago.
Also Read: Ahi Kimchi Poke & Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops
They were very easy to prepare, and with the complexity of their flavors, you’ll be even more impressed.
The mozzarella and the spinach make for the perfect stuffing and also help to keep the patties juicy and nice.
Mozzarella stuffed burgers are full of both color and flavor. Nutritious and delicious all in one!
How to make Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers?
A word of warning though, even my brothers were shocked at their size these mozzarella stuffed burgers as they are quite big and so if you want, you can halve the amount of ground beef (beef mince) used for each burger.
I served them with quick caramelized onions and rocket that I added some chili jam to. Just delicious!
Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers
- 800 g lean beef mince
- 100 g mozzarella grated/thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- caramelized onions
- fresh bread rolls
- sliced tomato
- fresh rocket
- To make the burgers, In a large bowl, combine the egg, salt, beef mince, smoked paprika and pepper and mix well. In a hot frying pan fry a small amount of the mixture and taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Into 8 even-sized balls divide the mixture. To form a flat patty, take one of the balls and flatten in your hand, in the middle of the patty place 1/4 of the mozzarella and top with another mince ball. Flatten the ball with your other hand and to seal the cheese inside crimp the edges of the two patties together.
- Place the patties on a greased tray and to chill for 30 minutes place in the fridge.
- Fry in a hot frying pan for 4-5 minutes per side when the patties have been chilled (or until cooked to your liking).
- Serve the patties on fresh rolls with caramelized onions, rocket, and sliced tomato.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g