Keto Broccoli Soup with Ginger and Turmeric
This super healthy broccoli, turmeric, and ginger (keto broccoli soup) soup will warm you right up on a cold day and It’s a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory ingredients.
Start by adding some coconut milk to make this easy soup, along with chopped garlic and onion in a saucepan. Let this cook until soft, before adding turmeric, salt, broccoli florets, ginger, water and more coconut milk. Let this simmer for an hour, before adding it to a food processor stirring occasionally and blending into a creamy soup. I think with a swirl of yogurt it’s best served hot, and whatever toppings are on hand!
Also Read: Keto Chili
Turmeric is touted as a superfood and part of the ginger family. It transforms the color of anything, it comes into contact with it’s an incredible orange – including tabletops! It’s common as a dietary supplement and in many Asian dishes and also in many countries. It’s popular in Chinese medicine and Indian medical system of Ayurveda too.
This keto broccoli soup recipe makes two generous servings as pictured and a large batch of soup, that calculates at around 11 net carbs each (sans toppings). you may want to use less as Broccoli heads are tiny in Japan.
How to Make Ginger Keto Broccoli Soup?
Adding more water will make it go further and thin out the soup but I love my soup thick. Be sure of toppings, I added pan roasted almond slivers, pretty fresh greens, and a sprinkling of black sesame seeds.
Keto Broccoli Soup (Ginger and Turmeric)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups of leeks chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 cups of broccoli florets roughly 2 heads
- 6 cups stock
- On a medium heat, heat a large pan and melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook, 8 or so minutes, stirring occasionally, until leeks are cooked through.
- Transfer the leeks to a 5-quart slow cooker with the broccoli, turmeric, ginger, salt, sesame oil and stock.
- Until broccoli is tender, cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours,
- Using an immersion blender or blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with yogurt and big chunks of bread.