It tastes crazy good. We could live off this shrimp and avocado salad! Served as a chopped cobb salad It’s also really pretty. Watch everyone’s eyes light up after put it on the table.
Delicious Shrimp & Avocado Salad
This shrimp and avocado salad are loaded with cucumbers, avocado, tomatoes and corn all over a bed of bright romaine. With a light and easy cilantro dressingIt’s so fresh and extremely satisfying. Trust me; you will first think that this is such a healthy salad. Before you’ve even finished your bowl you’ll just sit there run for a refill and chewing with a big goofy grin on your face. Frozen or fresh shrimp will work here. Let thaw before cooking by defrosting in the refrigerator overnight If using the frozen variety, or running the shrimp under cold tap water.
This shrimp and avocado salad makes a small amount of food — as a side salad just 2 servings. It’s a small meal for two people and perfect appetizer. You can simply double or multiply the ingredient amounts If you’re looking to serve a larger crowd, accordingly and follow the recipe instructions as usual. You might need to pan sear them in batches depending on the amount of shrimp you have and the size of your pan.
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad
You can make this avocado and shrimp salad ahead of time, until ready to serve just refrigerate. Before adding to the salad make sure the tomatoes are well-drained so that you don’t end up with a pool of tomato liquid at the bottom. Check nutrition here
- 8 ounces shrimp peeled, deveined, patted dry
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1 small beefsteak tomato diced and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl toss shrimp with melted butter until well-coated.
- Until hot heat a pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes. In a single layer add shrimp to the pan, until it starts to become pink around the edges or searing for a minute, then until shrimp are cooked through, flip and cook less than a minute.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate as they finish cooking. Let them cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To a large mixing bowl add all other ingredients feta cheese, diced avocado, lemon juice, diced tomato, cilantro, salt, and pepper, olive oil, and toss to mix.
- Add shrimp and mix together (stirring). Add additional pepper and salt to taste.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per ServingUnsaturated Fat 0g