Keto Tuna Salad – This low carb tuna salad is the perfect low carb lunch which is packed with healthy fats, creamy, tangy, and flavorful, served on keto bread, lettuce cups, over a bowl of green salad.
Keto Tuna Salad – Important Tips
Tuna – Always have a can or two of tuna for a quick recipe. Avoid using oil-packed tuna which contains soybean oil, try to find a canned water-packed tuna for a healthy option.
Veggies and Nuts – Add chopped bell peppers, red chilis, chopped cucumber, and small avocado slices. For crunchiness, add chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, or pecans. Just saute the nuts in a pan before adding.
Add extra protein – Add sliced boiled egg and mix a small amount of cooked shredded chicken to the mixture.
Mayo – Always use a good quality mayo which is avocado or olive oil-based. Brands like Primal Kitchen or Chosen foods or Sir Kensington’s come with Avocado oil and no sugar. Avoid using use low fat or light mayo when on keto.
Mayo alternative – Add sour cream or greek yogurt or whole-milk yogurt. But this will taste very tangy.
Other Variations – Add a pinch of onion powder and garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. Add a pinch of dried thyme, crumbled small bacon bits, fresh parsley, and diced red onions.
Can I store this low carb tuna salad?
You can easily pack them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Avoid freezing as the mayo will start losing water and it will mess up the salad.
How to serve this simple keto tuna salad?
It’s so delicious and flavorful that you will enjoy it all alone without anything. You can serve on a bed of lettuce, keto crackers, low carb tortillas, or on a bowl of green salad.
- 2 (5 ounce can) Tuna, packed in water, strained
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 (5 ounce can) Tuna, packed in olive oil, strained
- 3/4 cup Celery, sliced, cut off the ends (about 3 ribs)
- 1/2 Cup Avocado oil mayonnaise by Sir Kensington's
- 2 Teaspoon Freshly Chopped Dill, stems removed
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped (or parsley)
- Salt & Pepper, or to Taste
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon dill relish (optional)
- Strain the tuna from the cans and add it to a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper. Give it a good mix or until well combined
- Serve in lettuce wraps, with low carb tortillas, or on a bowl of green salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 274Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 1mgSodium 204mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 1.5gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 25g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto tuna salad with eggs with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for low carb tuna salad lettuce wraps will surely enjoy this recipe.