Keto Egg Cups – These low carb keto egg cups with bacon are an easy, delicious breakfast or brunch recipe that can be prepared ahead of time or freeze for later and when you are ready, make them quickly in minutes on those busy work mornings!
Keto Egg Cups Muffins – Important Tips
- To minimize the mess and cleanup process in the kitchen use silicon or cupcake liners or paper muffin liners to bake these keto ham and egg cups.
- After the keto bacon and egg cups are done and cool down for few minutes, remove them right away so they will stick to the tin.
- Heavy cream is a must for this keto egg cups recipe because it helps to keep the cups moist
Can I store these keto bacon and egg cups?
Yes very easily! Place them in a sealed airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5-7 days.
When you are ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for about 15-30 seconds or 1-1 ½ minutes from frozen. Do not heat for too long, or they will dry out and become rubbery.
Can I freeze these low carb egg muffins bacon?
Yes of course! If you are making them in batches, allow it to cool down completely and place them in a freezer bag or wrap them in plastic wrap then place them in a container. They easily freeze for a month or up to 6 weeks.
Keto Low Carb Egg Cups – Variations
- For the veggies – Add small broccoli florets, thinly sliced mushrooms, spinach,
- For the meat – Add diced ham, crumbled sausage, or pork roll to make delicious keto egg cups with ham and sausage.
- Cheeses – Use mozzarella, feta, gruyere, or gouda
- Add fresh herbs such as thyme chives, or parsley
- Use cayenne pepper, sriracha sauce, or jalapenos to add some heat.
- 8 slices bacon, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 10 eggs
- ½ medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 oz spinach, finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 ¾ cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- dash of nutmeg
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- ½ tsp parsley or thyme for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the bacon slices until golden brown. Set aside to drain fat.
- To the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of the bacon grease. Add the onion and green peppers and saute for about a minute until softened. Transfer to a plate with a lined paper towel to drain.
- In a medium bowl, beat all the eggs, add Worcestershire sauce, heavy whipping cream, pepper, salt, and a dash of nutmeg. Whisk them until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, combine 3/4 of the crumbled bacon, onion, chopped spinach, green peppers and distribute the filling equally into the tins
- Add the Monterey jack cheese to each tin cup, then cheddar.
- Pour in the egg mixture evenly into each of the muffin tins.
- Top each cup with remaining cooked bacon. Sprinkle parsley or thyme and red pepper flakes on top.
- Place the tin into the preheated oven and bake for about 18-22 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per ServingCalories 216Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 194mgSodium 430mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 13g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Still hungry! Try my other keto egg recipes:
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed these keto egg muffins with bacon and ham with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for low carb egg cups with bacon will surely enjoy this recipe.