Keto Egg Custard Pie – This low carb egg custard pie is a creamy classic homemade dessert with no sugar added made in just 15 minutes of prep time and contains only 2g net carbs per serving.
Keto Egg Custard Pie – Notes
- I am using swerve sweetener, but you can use Natvia instead. (Quick Note – If you are using powdered sugar then use less quantity because powdered sugar has more sweetness than granulated.
- For the light cream, use 1\2 cup heavy cream and 1 cup vanilla sugar-free almond milk instead.
- Nutmeg is optional, if desired then sprinkle on the top.
- If you want to add berries, then add them directly to the custard before it bakes
- If using frozen berries it will take a little longer to release their juices. Otherwise, you can top with fresh berries before serving.
Can I Store This Keto Sugar Free Egg Custard Pie?
Absolutely! Pack them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for upto 2-3 days. This doesn’t freeze well.
How To Serve This Low Carb Egg Custard Pie?
After baking, allow it to cool down to room temperature and serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator and serve later. Top with fresh berries.
Keto Egg Custard Pie (Low Carb Sugar Free)
This low carb keto egg custard pie is a creamy classic homemade dessert with no sugar added made in just 15 minutes of prep time and contains only 2g net carbs per serving.
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp. swerve sweetener
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 ounce melted butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Light Cream 35% milkfat
- 2 1/2 tbsp. swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch nutmeg, optional
Making the base -
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond meal, swerve, flaxseed meal, and nutmeg. Mix well. Add melted butter and mix well until well combined.
- In a 9.5'' pie dish pour in the mixture and press evenly across the base and up the sides.
- Place the pie dish into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until the base is firm (If the base rises use a fork to prick the air bubbles and gently press down). Set aside and cool down.
For the filling -
- Reduce oven to 320 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add vanilla extract, swerve and whisk well.
- Add the light cream (1\2 cup heavy cream + 1 cup vanilla sugar-free almond milk instead) and mix well.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the base and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until there is a slight jiggle and the custard is just set.
- Top it with fresh berries and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg (optional).
- Cut into 12 even pieces and serve immediately or chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 152Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 85mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 5g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Baked Egg Custard
- Low Carb Egg Roll Wrappers
- Keto Bacon Cheese Egg Bites
- Creamy Low Carb Eggnog
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto egg custard pie with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for low carb egg custard pie will surely enjoy this recipe.