Keto Egg Custard Tart – These low carb egg custard tarts are the best sugar-free, gluten-free, and grain-free tarts that contain only 4g of net carbs made in under 40 minutes.
Keto Egg Custard Tart – Notes
- Add more sugar-free or swerve sweetener if you like more sweet and make it a sweet dessert. Plus add a few drops of Vanilla stevia to the creamy custard to balance everything.
- You can skip the crust part if you want, but I highly recommend to make the flaky crust then pour in the creamy custard filling.
- If using powdered sugar, then check on the quantity because the powdered sugar will have more sweetness than granulated.
- Here I am using swerve sweetener, but you can use Natvia instead.
- You can sprinkle Nutmeg powder on the top, but this is completely optional and depends on personal preference.
How Long To Bake These Low Carb Egg Custard Tart?
Bake the tarts for about 30-40 minutes or until set and just a little jiggly in the center. If it’s still liquidy, bake it a little longer.
Can I Store These Keto Baked Custard Tart?
Absolutely! Pack them in an airtight container or store them covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. (Note – The crust will become soft and it doesn’t freeze well)
For the crust
For the custard
Making the crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add coconut oil, sweetener, and salt. Combine and add coconut flour. Mix well until the complete dough holds together.
- Make a ball from the dough, then pat into 4 greased tart molds/pan or 10cm diameter and 2 cm deep tart pan. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Place the tart pan into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
Making the custard
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat, add almond milk and vanilla, and heat until just starts to simmer.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg and the sweetener together in a bowl.
- Add the hot milk to the egg sweetener mixture bowl little by little at a time (to prevent the egg from becoming scrambled) and continue to whisk the whole time.
- Fill in the tart base with the custard filling and bake at 300 degrees F for about 30-40 minutes or until set and jiggly in the center. Sprinkle with nutmeg (optional) and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 116mgSodium 124mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto baked custard tart with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for low carb keto egg custard tart will surely enjoy this recipe.