Keto Egg Loaf – This low carb egg loaf french toast made with coconut flour is an easy filling gluten-free, high protein, and fat keto breakfast with only 2 grams of net carbs per slice and topped with sugar-free maple syrup.
How to make keto egg loaf french toast?
This low carb egg loaf can be easily turned into french toast.
- Prepare the loaf as instructed below. Heat a skillet over medium hight heat, add butter and fry the slices until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with swerve and cinnamon and top with Stevia Blend.
Keto Egg Loaf – Substitutes
I highly recommend using coconut flour, but if not available, start with 1/2 cup of almond flour. But the texture will be more spongy, soggy, and most probably sink in the middle.
For the cream cheese, you can use coconut cream and for the butter, use coconut oil for a dairy-free option.
Use vanilla extract instead of cinnamon and nutmeg
For the topping, use stevia blend or any other maple syrup.
Add bacon or ham and 1/4cup of grated cheddar to the batter and bake in the rectangular casserole dish. This will also lower the chances of sinking from the middle.
How to store this keto sam i am egg loaf recipe?
You can slice them if you wish and pack them in the air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days and freeze them for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, take it out from the fridge, put it into the toaster or microwave directly from frozen.
How to serve this low carb keto sweet egg loaf recipe?
- You can eat it alone and enjoy it with a little maple syrup on the top.
- Fry the slices with butter to make french toast. Drizzle sugar-free maple syrup and top with keto fruits.
- Add bacon, ham, or lettuce between 2 slices, make a sandwich and enjoy your keto lunch.
- Make sure to skip adding any vanilla, cinnamon, or sweetener into the batter.
Keto Egg Loaf (Low Carb French Toast)
This low carb keto egg loaf french toast made with coconut flour is an easy filling gluten-free, high protein, and fat keto breakfast with only 2 grams of net carbs per slice and topped with sugar-free maple syrup.
- 6 eggs, large
- 4 tbsp coconut flour (30g)
- 6 ounce cream cheese (170g)
- 2 tbsp lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter melted (50g)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Stevia blend, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs, add melted butter, cream cheese, monk fruit sweetener. Mix well with a electric hand blender until frothy.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture from the bowl into the prepared loaf tin.
- Transfer the tin to the preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes (check after 25 minutes) or until and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After it's golden on top, cover with a sheet of aluminum paper to further prevent excessive browning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 loaf
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 141mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 6g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Still hungry! Try my other keto egg recipes:
- Keto Egg Bake With Sausage And Bacon
- Low Carb Egg Cups With Bacon
- Keto Baked Egg Custard Tart
- Sugar Free Keto Egg Custard Pie
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed these keto egg loaf with cream cheese and coconut flour with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for low carb egg loaf french toast will surely enjoy this recipe.