Keto Sausage Egg Muffins – This low carb sausage egg muffins cups is a great breakfast, snack, or lunch option and a great meal prep recipe made in just 15 minutes, perfect on those busy weekdays.
Keto sausage and egg muffins – Variations
You can use both sausage and ham if you wish, use thin ham pieces that can easily fit into the cup of muffin tin.
Add cooked bacon on the top to make delicious keto sausage bacon egg muffins.
To make this keto sausage egg breakfast muffins a complete meal, add vegetables like cooked mushrooms, green onions, green bell peppers, spinach, etc., or leftover broccoli, cauliflower mix and cheese.
Add any cheese you like – cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, swiss cheese, or American cheese slices.
For the heavy cream, use half and half or use regular milk.
Can I store/freeze these keto sausage egg breakfast muffins?
Bake, and cool down to room temperature, pack in the air tight container, and store in the fridge for upto 4-5 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, pop them into the microwave or oven for 30-40 seconds until warmed through.
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbsp heavy cream (or half and half or regular milk)
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage, raw (or ham)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, divided in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Make little patties (12 pieces) out of breakfast sausage and place each piece on the bottom of each cup of the muffin tin.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Combine well.
- Pour the mixture over each cup (top of sausage piece), then place half a slice of cheese on top.
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Drizzle with hot sauce on the top to add extra heat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 140mgSodium 457mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 12g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Egg Foo Young
- Low Carb Egg Loaf French Toast
- Keto Egg Bake With Bacon Sausage
- Low Carb Bacon Egg Cups
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed these low carb sausage egg cheese muffins with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for keto egg muffins with sausage and vegetables will surely enjoy this recipe.