Paleo stuffed mushrooms
These are a kicked up appetizer that everyone will love – Paleo stuffed mushrooms. Sausage, onion and Chipotle Mayo make the best combination. Paleo, gluten-free, Whole30, and dairy free!
When Paleo book arrived at my door I was so excited. It is such an amazing cookbook over 100 and all made grain free, filled with so many delicious recipes. It has breakfasts, side dishes, main courses, salads, desserts, snacks, and drinks – so everything is covered!
When I asked my mom there was no hesitation which one of the delicious recipes to share, These paleo stuffed mushrooms appealed to her and she made a good choice. The only changes I made that I used my chipotle mayo and homemade sausage. Without unhealthy ingredients, I have a hard time finding chipotles in adobo, and in my fridge, I almost always have my chipotle mayo so it worked great!
Okay, now let us talk about these mushrooms. This was the first time they were so easy-I have ever made stuffed mushrooms and it definitely won’t be the last! Before and prep the mushrooms You could easily make the filling the day before to make them even quicker.
Also Read: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
How to make paleo stuffed mushrooms?
For a party, they work perfectly as an appetizer, but we actually ate them as a meal. You won’t be able to tell they’re healthy they are so full of flavor. They’re super spicy, Don’t think because they have chipotle in them. They have just a subtle hint of spice that is balanced with the mushrooms and sausage.
Paleo Chipotle Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 pounds whole white mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 cup homemade mayo
- 1 pound pasteurized breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon adobo sauce, check for ingredient quality
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the stemmed mushrooms. In a large skillet, fry the onion and sausage over high heat about 8 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through.
- While the sausage is cooking, puree the chipotle pepper, mayonnaise, and adobo sauce in a food processor or blender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chipotle mayo once the sausage is cooked through.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps, do not overfill (careful)
- Until the stuffing starts to brown nicely bake 20-25 minutes along with the mushrooms.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g