Chili is a beloved dish that elicits very strong allegiances and opinions. Some people are adamantly against them while some are pro-beans. Some need green peppers, tomatoes, onions in their chili, while others are into pure Texas-style which has no tomatoes and no beans. So comes this keto chili recipe.
On Sunday, I usually cook my weekly meals, so I will be sure to bang out a quick keto chili for the week ahead if I am running late on my schedule. During my weekdays in winter this keto chili recipe is always a staple, but to simmer them for 6 hours at a time, I don’t always have time. That’s why I came up with this. You can freeze it and then re-heat this, too!
If you do have time, as a quick aside please do yourself the favor of trying this popular chili recipe. But it’s certainly worth it as It takes some extra time.
Also Read: Keto Chicken Quesadillas
This is an easy and quick go-to keto chili recipe if you’re just want to get a large amount of food out fast or if you’re low on time. It’s something that’s isn’t too bothersome and pretty minimal effort if you’re coming home exhausted from work.
How to make low carb chili keto?
I suggest mixing about 20% in If you have some sausage on hand. It’s a great way to put a twist on your usual coax and ground beef out a great flavor from your vegetables.
Click Here for Nutrition
Low Carb Chili
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Lb Ground Sausage regular or hot depending on preference
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6oz
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced ( or 1 TBSP Garlic powder, which is .8 net carb additional per serving)
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice 14.5oz
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder May need to use more if you choose a mild sausage
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- Brown the ground beef and sausage.
- Drain and save half of the fat.
- Place the cooked ground beef and sausage into the crockpot
- Add all other ingredients and half of the fat drippings into the crockpot and mix well.
- Place the lid on the crockpot, cook for 6-8 hours, and set on low.
- Plate and top with cheese, sour cream, and green onions, if you like.