It was a turning point for Tasty fitness recipes, the first keto cheesecake recipe. I went from aimlessly taking terrible pictures and choosing recipes, making you guys my top priority and focusing on my readers. creating a vision for a project can make all the difference, It just shows that. And, because you guys seem to love it, I glad I did!
Fortunately, I love it too. Being a blogger and Working full time, means I’m busier than ever.
Previously I a made Blueberry cobbler recipe. So, it’s no surprise that simple and quick keto cheesecake recipes are what I’m all about. I’m not alone in this is just what makes me much happier!
Many style cheesecakes are baked with a crust and very tall. Something’s missing! Though crustless cheesecakes are great, This gluten-free, keto cheesecake crust will give all other pie and cake crusts a run for their money!
We use a combination of almonds and pecans, nutty flavors, both toasted to bring out their deep and thanks to the simple addition of cinnamon. This crust is baked prior to help it crisp up a bit by adding the cheesecake batter, so don’t skip that step.
Want to make this low carb keto cheesecake?
What makes a keto cheesecake good? The texture is much firmer and denser than a normal style cheesecake and all others as well. The addition of sour cream either into the batter itself or on top of the baked cake also plays a part in how moist the end result is. With a bit of lemon juice, the slightly acidic addition of sour cream can be played up even more, which adds freshness to the cheesecake.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 scoop protein powder 31 grams
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large eggs
- 32 oz. cream cheese
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 2/3 cup erythritol
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- To make the crust, on a clean baking sheet, toast the almonds and pecans for about 10 minutes in a 325°F oven. To make it even toasted, toss halfway in between. To cook the crust once it's ready, leave the oven on to be ready.
- Once toasted, with the rest of the crust ingredients, throw them into a food processor and blend until no large chunks of the nuts remain.
- To make an even, thin layer, press the crust with silicone spatula or with your fingers into a 9 inch spring form pan. until it has turned a golden brown or it is set, bake for about 10 minutes. Let it and the spring form pan cool, after the crust has cooked, before adding the cheesecake batter.
- Prepare the cheesecake batter, while the crust is cooking, by beating together the erythritol, cream cheese and stevia. To make this process much easier use an electric hand mixer. The mixture should be soft and smooth and all the chunks of the cream cheese should be gone.
- Beating until each is incorporated, add in 1 egg at a time. Then add the lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt.
- Lastly, add in the sour cream and until it's combined stir it.
- The crust should be baked by now and the spring form pan should be cool. On top of a large sheet, place the spring form pan of heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap the foil up onto the sides of the spring form pan, on the bottom make sure there are no holes or openings. To prepare it for the water bath, place the spring form pan into a roasting tray.
- Pour in the cheesecake batter and with a silicone spatula, smooth out the top. Pour hot water, carefully, until it's halfway up, around the sides of the spring form pan.
- Form pan into the oven, carefully transfer the roasting tray with the spring and bake for an hour and a half at 325°F. The top of the cake should be jiggly but set and it will continue cooking even as it is cooling.
- Turn the oven off to cool the cake and crack the door open. We like leaving about a 1-2 inch gap in the door or to leave a wooden spoon wedged in the door. This will prevent the cake from cooling too quickly and let the heat escape, cracking in the process.
- Before covering it with foil, leave the cake in the cooling oven for an hour and refrigerating for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!