Pork Chops With Apples
At five o’clock in the morning to trek to the office, It’s been several months since I’ve crawled out of bed. I’ve yet to publically announce that Tasty Fitness recipes is my full-time gig now, for sure It’s bittersweet. Now let’s talk about Pork chops with apples.
Looking for apple pork chops, Every Sunday, I would spend time prepping meals and ingredients in the kitchen prepping meals and ingredients to make eating my way through the work week a breeze. Now that my work week is developing recipes and centered around food, there’s an overabundance of calories, food, and nothing to distract me from it.
These past few months have been really unusual, strange, and challenging quite frankly, though I’m a creature of habit. As of this week, I’m practicing meal prepping my lunches for the week getting back into that. For simplicity, normalcy, the routine of things. I miss that. So from me, you can expect to see one or two keto meal prep recipes. I hope as they will be helping me, they help you too!
Also Read: Ahi Kimchi poke & Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Want to make Pork Chops With Apples?
On to the good stuff! Pork chops with apples, This meal is marvelous. After making my Salmon & Avocado Nori Rolls – Paleo Sushi & Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes. When the chayote is raw, to overlook the possibility of using it, it would be unforgivable as an apple replacement. Cooked with chayote squash and a few fall-inspired spices, transformed into a delicious, apple copycat (spiced). I knew I had to pair it with pork chops, as soon as I tasted it.
Check the nutrition facts Here
Apple Pork Chops (Cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 pork chops boneless
- 2 tbsp Erythritol Sweetener or low carb sweetener of choice
- 2 chayote chopped to 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- On medium heat, melt ghee in a large skillet, add pork chops and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops and add chayote and cinnamon, sprinkle sweetener, apple cider vinegar, and nutmeg over the top. Until the pork chops reach the appropriate temperature, cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, (145 F for medium rare, 160 for medium).
- Remove the pork chops and if preparing meals for the week, place in a meal prep container, otherwise until ready to serve, keep pork chops warm.
- For several minutes bring the chayote mixture to a boil. Simmer with cover, reduce heat to low medium, for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. When done, the chayote will be in texture to baked apple and fork tender.
- Between four meal prep containers, divide the chayote mock apples or serve immediately alongside the warm pork chops.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g