Easy Mini Quiches
We used to work out-of-state most of the week and I got tired of the same old dried up egg, cheese, and sausage, after countless visits to Dunkin Donuts. So we found this beautiful and simple solution as rushing out the door didn’t help breakfast much either: mini quiches.
These little bites (mini quiches) are easy to make, store and transport, bursting with flavor. I made a batch of them on Sunday night and took them with me when I travel.
All you need to do is microwave (or toaster oven bake) once cooked and stored, and until its hot, enjoy at work or anywhere on the go. For some reason, as these mini quiches, reheating an omelette you made a few days ago isn’t nearly as appetizing, even though they have essentially the same ingredients. Plus, if you’re seen carrying a stack of omelettes around people would look at you funny.
Also Read: Eggs Benedict Recipe
In this recipe these are the basic add-ins to include:
- Broccoli, chicken, and cheddar
- Ham and cheese
- Spinach and feta
- Sausage and bacon
- Pepperoni and mushroom
How to make Mini Egg Quiches?
Recipe for mini quiches in muffin tin – As you have time, you can make as many mini quiches. In our 12-cup muffin tin, I made 24 at a time and store them in Tupperware or Ziplocs. We’d scarf them down in just a few days as they could last about a week. As for serving size, it depends on how hungry you are or the pairing. We usually had 3 mini quiches each.
Easy Mini Quiche Recipe
- 1 Perfect Pie Crust Recipe, optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- broccoli, chopped
- spinach, chopped
- garlic, minced
- mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- onion, diced
- seafood, cooked and chopped
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ham, cooked and diced
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- With the nonstick cooking spray, spray mini muffin tin, set aside.
- Cut pie crust using a small round cutter, and place into indentations of muffin tin and place in the oven for about 15 minutes to pre-bake. Alternately, into the muffin tin, you can place each of the premade phyllo cups. Simply omit for a crustless mini quiche.
- Whisk together heavy cream and eggs until fluffy and light.
- Add cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, until well-combined. Stir in cheese. Pour into pie shells and top with your desired add-in options.
- Until the egg mixture is set, bake for 15-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and about 5 minutes before serving let it rest.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g