Matcha Green Tea Latte
This may seem oxymoronic, but by means of energy-boosting matcha green tea powder, you can achieve calm focused alertness. To aid in meditation, Buddhist monks drank matcha as well as to remain focused and alert. So comes this matcha latte recipe.
Instead of a loud burst of jitters, this matcha powder gives you energy in a steady stream of sustained focus. So while it may seem impossible to be caffeinated and calm, to achieve just that, matcha powder has been used for centuries! Learn all about its amazing benefits of matcha powder!
A lot of nutrients remain in the leaves by brewing tea. Matcha powder is an energy and metabolism booster, calorie burner, detoxifier and an antioxidant powerhouse. Its better than your standard cup of green tea.
Sprinkle it in your smoothies, brew it up for a more powerful tea or incorporate it into baked goods. It tastes pleasant and mild and packs a powerful nutritional punch.
Also Read: Eggs Benedict
In this matcha latte recipe, to mix it up a bit we used unsweetened cashew milk. and for fat even a splash of heavy cream. Coconut or Almond milk will work too! We did notice that the coconut oil breaks down but solidifies because this latte is cold. So in your latte, you end up with little tiny beads of coconut oil.
How to make iced matcha latte recipe?
Try this matcha latte recipe warm or leave out the coconut oil If you prefer a smoother consistency. Simply warm up some of your coconut oil and liquid base, then add in your vanilla and matcha and blend!
Add a teaspoon or so of honey If you find the slight bitterness of the matcha powder turns you off – it will counteract the bitterness.
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 Ice cubes
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder and the sugar into a cup or mug.
- Add the warm water and whisk (to ensure no lumps form) or mix with a spoon until it is a smooth dark green paste.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and until nearly full pour into the mug. And for an iced latte use cold milk.
- To mix the paste and milk together, use a whisk until smooth and light green in color.
- If you so wish, on the top for decoration you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder. Or for an extra cold iced latte add ice.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g