Keto Egg Frittata – This low carb egg frittata made in cast iron then baked is loaded with eggs and vegetable is a crowd-pleaser that you can enjoy in your breakfast or lunch.
Keto Egg Frittata – Notes
For dairy-free version – Avoid cream and add unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk instead.
Make it fluffy – Try to not skip the cream or milk, or the keto egg spinach frittata will become more dense and flat. Plus they are lower in carbs, and higher in fat.
Make it perfect – Avoid browning on the top and do not overcook the frittata or it will be too dry. Also, to avoid a soggy frittata, cook the veggies ahead of time, cook off any liquid they give off.
Do not overcook – When the center is just barely set and when you shake the pan it slightly jiggles, this is when it’s done.
Vegetables – Add vegetables like – spinach, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions.
Cheese – You can either mix all the cheese into the frittata or reserve a bit for the top.
Little taste change – You can also try with grilled onion, spinach, and bacon and make a perfect keto bacon egg cheese frittata.
Can I make this keto egg frittata baked ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time and store in the fridge for 3-4 days. When you are ready to heat, pop into the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees F, until heated through. Do not overheat or it will become rubbery.
Can I freeze this low carb egg frittata?
Yes, you can pack them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2-3 months. When ready to reheat, thaw in the fridge and pop into the
microwave or oven at 350 degrees.
Keto Egg Frittata (Low Carb Baked)
This low carb keto egg frittata made in cast iron then baked is loaded with eggs and vegetable is a crowd-pleaser that you can enjoy in your breakfast or lunch.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms, sliced (or spinach)
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into quarter moons
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 176 degrees C.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil, once hot, add the vegetables and saute for 6-10 minutes, until browned and soft, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add cream, salt, and pepper and whisk together.
- Pour the egg mixture from the bowl into the skillet, add the shredded cheese. Stir together gently.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the center is barely set, do not brown and overcook.
- Remove from the oven and cool down for a few minutes.
- Slice and enjoy with any vegetable side dish or low carb bread on the side.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 204mgSodium 355mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 10g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Still hungry! Try my other keto egg recipes:
- Keto Deviled Egg Salad
- Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake No Egg
- Keto Sausage Egg Cups
- Low Carb Egg Foo Young Gravy
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto egg frittata baked with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb breakfast egg frittata will surely enjoy this recipe.