Keto Pistachio Pudding – This low carb pistachio pudding mousse is very creamy and delicious made with very simple ingredients and many variations that are perfect on a keto low-carb diet with only 4 grams of net carbs.
Keto Pistachio Pudding – Notes
Pistachio – I am using raw unsalted pistachios, soaking them in the milk to get the flavor, and then discarding them completely. You can use sugar-free pistachio pudding mix if you find one in your local market, or order on Amazon, sugar-free chocolate or vanilla pistachio pudding mix will also work.
Colour – If using sugar-free pistachio pudding mix, then you will get the green color in it. Since I am not using the mix, I added matcha tea to get the green color, use natural food coloring instead or simply leave out the color and make a delicious cream-colored pistachio pudding.
Milk – Unsweetened almond is recommended for this recipe, for nut-free, use coconut milk instead.
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup stevia/erythritol blend, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea, ceremonial grade
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons stevia/erythritol blend, granulated
- In a glass bowl, pour in almond milk, add raw pistachios, stir well, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24-48 hours until all the pistachio flavor is absorbed by the milk.
- In a strainer, pour in the milk and discard the nuts completely as they have lost all the flavors.
- Add the egg yolks to the flavored milk and whisk.
- In a saucepan, add xanthan gum, 1/4 cup sweetener, sea salt, and matcha tea. Whisk together
- Add the pistachio-flavored milk in the saucepan, very little at a time, and continue whisking.
- Place saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and allow to cool at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator and let sit for at least 2-3 hours or until chilled.
- In a medium bowl, add whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sweetener, and beat using a mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Stir 1/3 of the whipped cream into the pudding mixture to lighten. Fold in the rest of the cream. Stir in 1/2 cup of fresh unsalted pistachio nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving SizeAbout 6 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 137mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 7g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Lemon Pudding
- Low Carb Sugar Free Tapioca Pudding
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Low Carb Yorkshire Pudding
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this easy keto sugar free pistachio pudding with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb pistachio dessert will surely enjoy this recipe.