Keto Eggnog – This homemade low carb eggnog is rich, creamy, and incredibly delicious with only 2g of net carbs, the perfect cocktail for the festive season.
Homemade Keto Eggnog – Notes
- I am using powdered sweetener – Xylitol Sweetener, but you can use Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend or use powdered allulose.
- Use unsweetened almond milk or nut milk, but you can use Kroger’s CarbMaster milk (3g carbs per cup) which tastes like real milk.
- You can also Swerve as the sweetener but I highly recommend using the Monk Fruit Allulose to get the perfect texture.
Is Homemade Keto eggnog better than store bought?
Yes, of course, it is! Store-bought eggnog is loaded with sugars and it has over 20 carbs plus it is very thick whereas homemade low carb eggnog is sugar-free, light, creamy and it’s hard to tell the difference from the real one.
Can I Store This Keto Friendly Eggnog?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
Can I Freeze This Sugar Free Keto Egg nog?
Yes, of course, you can freeze it for up to 6 months.
Note: It will expand when it freezes, so sure to leave enough room in the container.
Keto Eggnog (Low Carb Homemade)
This homemade low carb keto eggnog is rich, creamy, and incredibly delicious with only 2g of net carbs, the perfect cocktail for the festive season.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or macadamia nut milk)
- 2 cups heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, (a little extra for garnishing)
- 1/2-3/4 cup xylitol allulose
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup bourbon or dark rum, to taste
- Heat a medium saucepan. Add nut milk, cinnamon, heavy cream, and grated nutmeg and simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until infused.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg yolks and sweetener, whisk with an electric mixer them until sweetener has dissolved and the texture is light and fluffy.
- Now add very hot milk mixture very little by little to the egg mixture bowl and continue to temper until properly combined.
- Pour in the mixture to the saucepan, and cook for about 8-10 minutes over medium/low heat or until it reaches 160°F/70°C and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Turn off the heat and pour into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla extract (and liquor of choice, optional).
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 3-4 hours. It will thicken while chilling so add little almond milk to thin it out until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 206mgSodium 26mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0.2gSugar 2gProtein 4g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Egg Noodles
- Low Carb Egg Bake Cheese Casserole
- Flavorful Low Carb Egg Drop Soup
- Easy Keto Egg Salad
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto low carb eggnog with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for keto egg nog recipe will surely enjoy.