Keto Egg Drop Soup – This easy low carb egg drop soup is very flavorful and nutritious that requires very few ingredients made in less than 15 minutes to get the comforting and hearty soup ready on the table.
Keto Egg Drop Soup – Variations
- This recipe is very versatile, below are the variations or substitutes you can do.
- For the fresh ginger, add ginger powder.
- You can add a teaspoon of fish sauce and finish it off with diced avocado.
- You can use beef broth as a substitute for the chicken broth (I use chicken bouillon cubes)
- If you don’t want to use broth then Maggi cube is a great substitute for that.
- Add red onion, white vinegar, and parmesan cheese for the topping.
- If you are a mushroom lover, then you can add sautéed mushrooms and a few drops of roasted sesame oil to enhance the flavor.
- You can add ghee or butter for the buttery taste.
Can I Thicken This Low Carb Egg Drop Soup?
Yes, you can use a pinch of Xanthan Gum (less than 1/4 tsp.), be careful when adding the Xanthan or you will end up with a gooey thick non-edible soup.
Can I Store This Perfect Keto Egg Drop Soup?
Yes, you can pack them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. If you want to freeze the soup, pack them in Mason Jars and freeze it for a month. When ready to eat, take it out the night before, then heat the soup the next day and add the eggs.
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Once a little hot, add garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds. Stir them for about 60 seconds or until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Put on the lid and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add salt, and pepper and whisk together (leave the egg only halfway whisked).
- Once the soup starts to simmer, pour in the egg mixture by whipping it with a fork and gently drizzling it into the soup.
- Use the fork to break up any large pieces of egg because it should cook immediately.
- Add the chopped green onion. Stir well and let it simmer for about 5 minutes uncovered.
- Done! Serve Immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 Bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1025mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 7g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed these keto low carb egg drop soup with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for egg drop soup on keto will surely enjoy this recipe.