Keto Egg Casserole – This low carb egg casserole is a great make-ahead, meal-prep dish, fully packed with protein and veggies of your own choice that is perfect for the whole family to enjoy as a holiday breakfast and brunch.
Keto Egg Bake Casserole – Notes
- I am using the Spike Seasoning, but you use any all-purpose seasoning blend, Mexican blend as the taco seasoning.
- If you are making the smaller version of the recipe, then use Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Green Chiles.
- You can also add some chopped peppers, fresh spinach, 4 slices of back bacon chopped, and fresh coriander leaves!
- If you are a mushroom lover, then saute the mushrooms with green onions and add them to the casserole.
Make this keto green chili egg casserole more wholesome and filling by adding some cooked meat or more veggies like –
- Veggies – Kale, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, asparagus
- Protein – Grilled bacon, cooked sausage or crumbled tofu
Can I Store This Low Carb Egg Bake Casserole?
Yes, you can! Pack them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 6-7 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave or oven or a hot toaster oven.
Can I Freeze This Keto Egg Cheese Casserole?
This freeze very well, you can make this ahead of time and cook whenever you want and it comes out perfect everytime. Follow the steps below and prepare the egg casserole (don’t bake it). Cover the casserole with a plastic wrap and freeze. When you are ready to bake, thaw it completely and bake as usual.
- 14 eggs, medium
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes, well drained (also use Rotel Tomatoes)
- 1 (4 ounces) can green chiles, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (Mexican seasoning also works well)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Black pepper, grounded
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease the casserole dish (i am using 9" x 13") with non-stick spray.
- Take out the tomatoes from the can and drain well with the help of a colander.
- Add the sliced green onions, drained tomatoes, and diced green chiles into the greased casserole dish and combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add spike Seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well until well combined.
- Add the 3/4 cup each of Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese over the veggies.
- Pour in the egg mixture, and stir with a fork until well combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Place the casserole dish into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top and eggs are completely set.
- Serve immediately, top with salsa or sour cream and garnish with a few green onions if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 219Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 311mgSodium 770mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 17g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto egg casserole bake with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for keto green chili egg casserole will surely enjoy this recipe.