Keto avocado egg bake – This low carb avocado bacon egg is the perfect breakfast to start your day, made in just 20 minutes baked with cheese, bell pepper, and crispy bacon bits on the top to make it more tempting.
Keto baked avocado egg – Tips
Avocado – Trying using Haas avocadoes which are less watery and creamier. When you scoop out some of the avocado’s flesh for the egg to sit inside, for even cooking of the egg white, make a shallow and wide cavity, not a deep one.
Eggs – Be careful to not break the yolk. If using small eggs, it’s better, they can easily fit inside the cavities. If your eggs are large, separate the yolks from the whites, at first, slide the yolk into the cavity, and then pour the white just enough to fill the cavity.
Sprinkle with bell pepper and chives to add crunch and flavor, and top with cheese and bacon bits.
Make them perfect – Try to use a smaller baking dish and lean the avocados on the edges of the baking dish so that they are upright and the yolk doesn’t leak out.
Can I make keto avocado with egg ahead of time or freeze them?
The answer is no, it’s not great for meal prepping, it’s best when made fresh and served fresh. To quick things up, prepare the garnishes and topping ahead of time.
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (or parmesan cheese)
- 2 tbsp chives or parsley, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Red bell peppers, finely diced
- 3 fresh avocados, large (not too riped)
- 6 Eggs, large
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 strips of bacon diced, cooked and crispy (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of avocado flesh from the center, make a wide, shallow cavity for the egg.
- Lean the avocados on the edges baking dish. Carefully crack an egg (do not break the yolk) into the center of each
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and bake for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake for additional 5-10 more minutes, until the eggs are set and reach your desired doneness (Soft boiled - 5-6 mins, Medium - 7-8 mins, and hard-boiled - 9-10 mins)
- Top with chives, diced bell peppers, and bacon bits for serving.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 273Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 195mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 7gSugar 1gProtein 11g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Egg Frittata
- Low Carb Deviled Egg Salad With Bacon
- Keto No Egg Chocolate Mug Cake
- Low Carb Sausage Egg Muffins
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto avocado egg bacon with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb baked avocado egg will surely enjoy this recipe.