Keto Rice Pudding – This low carb rice pudding made with cauliflower is a super creamy and delicious dessert flavored with cinnamon and vanilla made in just 20 minutes.
Keto Rice Pudding – Important Tips
Cauliflower – Try to use a fresh cauliflower head for a more mild flavor, if using stored cauliflower from the fridge for 6-7 days, it will be a little stronger in flavor.
Milk – Use unsweetened almond milk, for nut free option, replace it with coconut milk or hemp seed milk.
Cream – I am using heavy cream, for a dairy-free option, replace it with coconut cream.
Rice alternative – We are using cauliflower to make the pudding, but there’s another alternative known as konjac rice or miracle rice made from the konjac root. Rinse thoroughly, strain, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Can I store this keto rice pudding with cauliflower?
Yes of course! Pack in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut in florets
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 cup heavy cream (double cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp nutmeg, grated
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (or ¼ tsp xanthan gum)
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup golden Lakanto monkfruit
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter (plus some extra for the dish)
- In a food processor add the cauliflower florets and pulse until chunky.
- Transfer to a glass bowl, cover, and microwave for about 3 - 4 minutes until reaches your desired softness.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a fine muslin cloth or towel and squeeze out all the excess water to get the perfect texture.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F.
- Grease the baking dish (10 x 8 x 2) with butter.
- Heat a pan, add almond milk, cream, half the nutmeg, and vanilla extract, and heat for about 2 minutes until hot, not boiling.
- In a bowl, add egg yolks, 3 tbsp of sweetener together, arrowroot or xanthan gum, and whisk. Slowly add the hot milk and whisk continuously to combine.
- Place it back on the stove for about 2-3 minutes and then stir cauliflower rice.
- Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of golden Lakanto, remaining nutmeg/ cinnamon, and lemon zest with extra butter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Skip the oven step - Keep the pudding on the stove for a few minutes, then stir in butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size120 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 174mgSodium 84mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 7g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Banana Pudding
- Low Carb Chocolate Pudding Heavy Cream
- Keto Chia Pudding Almond Milk
- Low Carb Egg Waffles
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto rice pudding miracle rice with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb rice pudding will surely enjoy this recipe.