Keto Chicken Salad – This creamy low carb chicken salad is the perfect meal prep and go-to lunch or dinner recipe that consists of shredded chicken, bacon, mayo, celery, and chopped onions served in lettuce wraps or over a green salad bowl.
Keto Chicken Salad – Important Tips
Chicken – I used leftover rotisserie chicken, you can purchase store-bought fully cooked chicken breasts or roasted chicken.
Mayo – Use avocado oil mayo or mayo with olive oil. Or use sour cream or plain Greek yogurt instead.
Variations – Make hard-boiled eggs, chop and mix to the bowl with a little ranch dressing.
Add in buffalo sauce or chopped jalapeños for an extra kick.
Add 1-2 tbsp. of Blue Cheese crumbles or relish/pickles.
Fresh herbs – Add any Fresh herbs of your choice to enhance the flavor.
Options are endless – Top with crushed almonds, pecans, add a tablespoon of dijon mustard, chopped cherry tomatoes, avocado, fresh thyme or chives, shredded cheese, sliced bell peppers.
Can I store this low carb chicken salad?
Yes, you can easily store them, pack them in an airtight container, and store them in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Freeze – I don’t recommend freezing this recipe because the mayo will separate and the salad will become watery. It’s better that you freeze the chicken, thaw it overnight the day before. Drain any excess water, add in mayo, lemon juice, and mustard and mix well.
How to serve this keto creamy chicken salad?
Serve it on lettuce wraps, on a bowl of green salad, fresh veggies like broccoli, celery, or cauliflower, stuffed in an avocado, onto low carb crackers, make a keto chicken salad sandwich with low carb bread or as a dip for veggies.
- 4 pieces bacon, diced
- 2 cups chicken breasts, shredded, cooked (or chopped small bite size pieces)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until crispy and brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, add cooked chicken, mayo, mustard, lemon juice, cooked bacon, onions, celery, salt, and pepper. Combined well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours (this step is optional).
- Add your favorite topping and serve on a lettuce wrap or on a bowl of fresh green salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 82mgSodium 544mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 26g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto chicken salad with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb creamy chicken salad will surely enjoy this recipe.