Sugar-Free Chocolate Biscotti
Biscotti cookies are a traditional cookie in most of the Italian families. My grandmother’s cookies were always the best, excellent baker. She always made so many dozens of cookies for cookie trays during the season that would be delivered to many friends.
It’s lightly sweetened with stevia and with the unsweetened shredded coconut and unsweetened cocoa powder it has a great flavor to it. This is another recipe that my mom enjoys. It’s pretty soft when it first comes out of the oven, but you can let it dry out for longer by sitting it out or just by leaving it in the oven at a very low temperature. Or just enjoy immediately and don’t bother waiting.
Also Read: Strawberry Gummies
This Sugar-Free Chocolate Biscotti is very healthy so if you are a health conscious bakers have been looking for a cookie that can satisfy the chocolaty crisp indulgence then this sugar free biscotti is perfect for you. This recipe uses a mix of lowcarb flours, high protein and agave to make a Biscotti has a lower GF and it’s glycemic index.
These Sugar Free Chocolate Biscotti are also vegan – butter or eggs. Choose two large organic happy free-range eggs if you prefer using eggs in this recipe instead of the egg replacer.
How to Make Sugar free biscotti?
These beautiful Low Carb Chocolate Biscotti are grain free, sugar free, gluten free, and keto! These are the perfect cookie for gift giving! Just with a cup of coffee these delicate chocolate Italian style cookies pair up perfectly.
Click here for nutrition
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup low carb sweetener or erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- sugar-free chocolate chips, optional
- chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F. In mixing bowl, mix stevia, egg, butter, erythritol, and vanilla until well blended. Add all the dry ingredients In a separate bowl and mix until well combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and until well blended mix again. If desired, nuts or chocolate chips can be mixed in at this time.
- Shape the mixture into a large ball of dough. Place dough ball on a well greased cookie sheet or a silicon baking pad. Shape dough into a low, flat log.
- Bake the dough for about 20 minutes, or until cake-like and lightly browned. Reduce the temperature to 275 degrees F and remove from oven. For about 10 minutes cool the log and then slice into thin strips about 1/2 inch wide. On the cookie sheet, place the slices on their side, and then bake until they are fully crisped for about 20-30 minutes.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g