Low Carb Zucchini Recipe
Keto zucchini chips: I have to admit, for making baked Parmesan zucchini fries I had another motive. I was craving but was still healthy, something that felt like junk food.
My usual staples are actually very simple veggies, meat, and eggs even though I post lots of recipes. Although I make exceptions on most vacations I order the same kind of thing when I’m somewhere special (NY!)
I don’t get to have things like fries, And since they usually can’t make things low carb.So I wanted to make some low carb French fries when we got home from our trip and to do it Zucchini was a perfect way.
A medium zucchini has only 4 grams net carbs and 6 grams total carbs (zucchini carbs) that mean to make this zucchini fries keto, it was pretty much effortless. All I had to do was use low carb breading, by using Parmesan which was super easy to do. The resulting recipe per serving has 3 grams net carbs.
Don’t worry, though. Even though these are low carb but they taste delicious – zucchini fries! My whole family, including my 66-year-old grandmother, loved them.
I have to say, with all kinds of bread I’ve made healthy low carb zucchini fries, but this Parmesan one is my absolute favorite. In the oven, coating gets super crispy, which is fantastic.
Also Read: Paleo Burrito Bowl
How to make Dipping Sauce For Parmesan Zucchini Fries?
Dipping sauce for these low carb baked zucchini fries is my favorite. Tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese are such a classic combination and also with Dijon mustard, I think they are awesome.
Click here for Nutrition
- 4 small zucchini's
- Optional: Low Sugar Spaghetti sauce for dipping
- 1 to 1½ cups Parmesan Cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Slice each zucchini into about ¼ inch thick.
- Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Spread out the sliced zucchini rounds on to the large baking sheet and if there is little space in between each one don't worry too much.
- Now over each Zucchini sprinkle your cheese evenly round covering each one.
- For about 15 to 20 minutes, bake them at 425 degrees or until the cheese turns a golden brown color.
- You can serve them but to add even more flavor add a small amount spaghetti sauce too!
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g