Keto Butterscotch Pudding – This low carb butterscotch pudding is a thick, creamy, and rich dessert made with butter, molasses, and a brown sugar substitute with just 3g net carbs per serving.
Keto Butterscotch Pudding – Important Tips
Sweetener – I am using a combo of golden sweetener (monk fruit and erythritol blend) and molasses to get that butterscotch-like taste and texture. Molasses gives you only 1g net carbs per serving. You can substitute molasses with brown monk fruit sweetener.
Thickener – Xanthan gum is goto ingredient that can be used as a thickening agent or use guar gum at a 1:1 ratio. Also, sub with one extra egg yolk if you like.
Store – Keep them in sealed jar containers and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days maximum, it will become watery and begin to separate if kept for more than 3 days. Don’t freeze this keto butterscotch pudding, because pudding like this loses its consistency after being thawed.
How to serve this keto butterscotch pudding?
You can enjoy it as it is. Top with whipped cream, for a dairy-free option, use coconut cream. To add more fiber and thick texture, mix with chia seeds, sprinkle some pecans or walnuts.
- Heat a saucepan over low heat, add butter, once melted, add molasses, sweetener, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla extract. Simmer for another 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and add in xanthan gum. Whisk well and let sit for 10 minutes until cool down.
- Return the pan with the pudding mixture on low heat. Slowly pour in the whisked egg yolks, stirring simultaneously to avoid scrambling
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes until just cool.
- Transfer to jars and keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed walnuts or pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 133mgSodium 395mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 2.6gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 2g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Pistachio Pudding
- Low Carb Sugar Free Lemon Pudding
- Keto Tapioca Pudding
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pudding
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto butterscotch pudding with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb sugar free butterscotch pudding will surely enjoy this recipe.