Keto Yorkshire Pudding – This low carb Yorkshire pudding uses lupin/almond flour, perfect on your keto diet with just 3g of carbs, served on holidays or thanksgiving with favorite gravy.
What is Yorkshire Pudding?
It’s a traditional English/British dish that is fluffy and savory, consists of eggs, flour, and whole milk, and is usually served with gravy or roast beef or enjoyed as a dessert.
Keto Yorkshire Pudding – Important Tips
The combination of arrowroot starch and lupin flour is the most important part to get the fluffy puddings, defatted extra fine almond flour will work just fine.
Milk – I am using low-carb whole dairy milk, replace that with unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, vanilla-flavored milk can be used.
Make perfect pudding – Before pouring the batter, make sure the molds are scorching hot, it important to get puffed-up Yorkies.
Fat – Use any keto-approved fat like duck fat, bacon fat, ghee or coconut oil or olive oil.
Check the Yorkies, if they start browning too soon, reduce the temperature down, add 5 extra minutes on your baking time.
Can I make this keto yorkshire pudding ahead of time?
This is a great make ahead recipe, make several yorkies days before you want to eat, reheat them (not in a microwave) and they will look and taste as fresh.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, sprinkle salt, and whisk until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine the arrowroot and lupin flour.
- Add the flour, a bit at a time, and whisk continuously, until combined with no lumps
- Now slowly add milk, very little at a time, whisking until a smooth batter is formed. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes untouched.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the muffin molds with some coconut oil or bacon fat. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of fat to each mold.
- Place the tray in the oven to heat up.
- When the mold is scorching hot and you see the oil sizzling, give the batter a good whisk and pour into the holes.
- Bake for about 25 mins; reduce the temp to 300 after 25 minutes mark, open the oven door slightly, jam with a silicone basting brush or wooden spoon, and continue to bake for another 15 mins
- Turn off the oven and completely open the door, let sit for a few minutes to dry and crisp up further.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 41mgSodium 48mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 3g
TastyFitnessRecipes.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although tastyfitnessrecipes.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
- Keto Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Low Carb Vanilla Pudding
- Keto Sugar Free Bread Pudding
- Low Carb Rice Pudding Cauliflower
- Keto Chocolate Chia Pudding
Give it a try and let me know in the comments down below how much you have enjoyed this keto yorkshire pudding arrowroot with your family and friends. All the keto lovers who are looking for a low carb yorkshire pudding lupin flour will surely enjoy this recipe.